Back when the internet and social media was new, you could totally make do with a graphic you’d put together with a random tool you found online and use it for your business and no one would look twice (unless it was covered in animated glitter – remember that?). In 2022 there’s no excuse for bad graphics or websites, and a bad one can have serious consequences for your business.
Here are 10 reasons you should hire a design professional in 2022:
10 Reasons You Should Hire a Design Professional in 2022
1) Bad graphics make you look unprofessional: Unless you’re a household name, you can’t get away with bad graphics. They make you look unprofessional and may make your customer question your legitimacy.
2) The wrong graphic may repel your target customer: Your graphics can attract your ideal customers to you, showing them exactly what they love to see – or it can repel them. Unfortunately, we often think something we put together is good enough or just what our customer is looking for, but that is rarely the case. A design professional knows what works.
3) Get your time back: You’re a busy business owner; whether you have a team of 1 or 5, you probably aren’t finger tapping your desk each day wondering what you should do. Stop spending hours fiddling with graphics and do the things that move the needle for your business.
4) Stop the scroll: We all do it, we’ve got a spare 2 minutes and out comes social media for us to scroll aimlessly. We will bypass any graphic that doesn’t wow us. A social media design professional has the skill to capture a lead’s attention.
5) Outdated websites aren’t user friendly: You’ve got to offer your customer an easy and pleasant user experience on your site or they’ll leave – most people will give your site 5 seconds or less to give them what they want, especially if they encounter a problem. A website design professional can make your customer journey as smooth as possible.
6) You need to differentiate from the pack: When we make our own graphics and websites, we often look at the competition for inspiration, which can make us look too similar to everyone else. The copycat will always come in 2nd, so make sure you’ve got branding that shows your customer that you’re different.
7) It will ultimately save you money: not only can the right design help attract your customers, but making your own often leads you to waste money making mistakes and creating new versions of your design every few weeks because it’s not working. When you work with a professional, you get the design done and then you can move on.
8) You can become instantly recognizable: a designer can help you develop strong branding so everything you put out into the world is instantly recognizable as your company. This helps make your business identity clear and it helps customers feel like you’re stable and trustworthy.
9) They’ll make everything clear: While a good copywriter can give you the best words to get the sale, they’re almost useless with the right design to get them noticed. A designer will help you make sure everything in your marketing materials conveys the right message as quickly as possible.
10) You’ll actually have the marketing assets you need when you need them: How many times have you thought about updating something, posting something, or putting out a message only to stall because you don’t have the right graphic. Not only is this a time suck, but it often puts us off following through in the first place.
Work with a design professional in 2022
If you’re ready to outsource your design needs to a professional, Sarah and the team at Pixel Parfait are here to help. We design it all – from graphic design and social media to websites and branding. To find out more about how we can help you up-level your business in 2022, click here.